AV
Posted By
Alex_Vesey
Jan 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just installed CS2 on an Intel iMac, and I am trying to add a type layer to a Photoshop image. The layer appears, but nothing appears when I type. However, when I click a different layer, the typed characters do appear in the layer name field in the Layers Palette. What am I doing wrong??? I have used these products for years, and not had this problem

Sincerely,
Alex Vesey

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jan 31, 2007
Assuming you are indeed selecting and using the Type tool, and either drawing a text box with said type tool or at least clicking on the layer with it, check your Leading (set it on Auto), your type size, and your type color (if the color is the same as the background, you won’t see it).
M
Mousewrites
Feb 3, 2007
Try resetting your type tool or trashing your prefs. Seems to be a weird type bug with the intelmacs.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections