P
Posted By
PlaneGuy
May 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an action that used to use on my old computer before it died. I copied it off the HDD and into my new install of PS CS2 on the new machine, and it all works fine – except for a problem with the Type Tool part of the action. For some reason, the text which is automatically added to an image, appears as though the kern/tracking is all mucked up, and each letter appears on top of the last in the word (ie for every letter, the centre of the letter is at the same position of the page). On the old computer, this action worked correctly.

When I create a new image, and try to add text without using an action, the words appear normally.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
KatWoman
May 3, 2006
"PlaneGuy" wrote in message
I have an action that used to use on my old computer before it died. I copied it off the HDD and into my new install of PS CS2 on the new machine, and it all works fine – except for a problem with the Type Tool part of the action. For some reason, the text which is automatically added to an image, appears as though the kern/tracking is all mucked up, and each letter appears on top of the last in the word (ie for every letter, the centre of the letter is at the same position of the page). On the old computer, this action worked correctly.

When I create a new image, and try to add text without using an action, the words appear normally.

Any suggestions?

check the character palette before you run the action. Make sure all the things are set to defaults, 100%, auto, 0
P
PlaneGuy
May 7, 2006
Hmm, seems like a previous action was playing havoc with the Type tool, and an export action. Basically couldn’t identify the fault so I re-recorded the actions and all is now good.

KatWoman wrote:
"PlaneGuy" wrote in message

Any suggestions?

check the character palette before you run the action. Make sure all the things are set to defaults, 100%, auto, 0

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections