BD
Posted By
B_Dowling
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got a new laptop. On my old laptop I was running Adobe Photoshop CS. Unfortunately, the Photoshop CS I was using was an upgrade version and I can’t find the serial number from my Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1

I believe that I need to install 7.0.1 on my machine before I can install CS.

We downloaded 7.0.1 from Adobe’s website and wrote the serial number on the CD, but I can’t find the CD. I had written down the serial number from the About… dialog before upgrading, but that number is 20 digits and the number that the 7.0.1 installer is asking me to enter is 24 digits!

Is there any way I can get the serial number so I can install 7.0.1?

Failing that, is there any way to get CS to install that I can do? (I still have access to the old laptop and ave not uninstalled yet, so I can copy over files if necessary).

Thank you

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 20, 2004
You can get 7.01’s serial number from the registry of your old machine. HKLM|Software|Adobe|Photoshop|7.0
BD
B_Dowling
Aug 20, 2004
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

That did the trick! that number had 4 more digits than the one that shows up under About…

thanks again
B
BobLevine
Aug 20, 2004
Now make sure you back that up and put it in a safe place.

Bob
DN
DS_Nelson
Aug 20, 2004
Whenever I put something in a "safe place" I can never find it again. <g>
J
johnkissane3
Aug 20, 2004
That rings a bell….somewhere
QP
Q_Photo
Aug 22, 2004
I keep a file in MY DOCS that I always add new software serial numbers to. As soon as I update it I then print it out. Then I put the printed copy SOMEWHERE.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections