A
Posted By
ahall
Nov 16, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently upgraded from CS4 to CS5.1 (part of Prod Premium 5.5).

The instill log had a number of warnings, mostly bogus.

However one might be real. It was an error installing plugins. Both 32 and 64 bit Photoshop have only 6 installed plugins listed in the help menu. I had dozens in both versions of PS CS4.

About how many should be installed in the base package (no third party software installed)?

Tech Support at Adobe had no idea!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.graphics.photoshop…)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

U
Ulysses
Nov 16, 2011

However one might be real. It was an error installing plugins. Both 32 and 64 bit Photoshop have only 6 installed plugins listed in the help menu. I had dozens in both versions of PS CS4.
About how many should be installed in the base package (no third party software installed)?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Hall
I have CS5, both with 32 and 64 bit
there was no problem installing plugins with 32 bit
not the case with 64 bit…none worked
my advice is to install all third party plugins on 32 bit only remove all bogus warnings with Ccleaner (free on web)
V
Voivod
Nov 16, 2011
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:57:19 -0500, "Ulysses" scribbled:

my advice

Should be ignored. Perhaps pointed and laughed at but ignored altogether as worth reading and following.
A
ahall
Nov 16, 2011
"Ulysses" writes:

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Hall
I have CS5, both with 32 and 64 bit
there was no problem installing plugins with 32 bit
not the case with 64 bit…none worked
my advice is to install all third party plugins on 32 bit only remove all bogus warnings with Ccleaner (free on web)

If you could just let me know about how many plugins came with CS5 I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Andrew Hall
U
Ulysses
Nov 17, 2011
If you could just let me know about how many plugins came with CS5 I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

6- as follows:
Camera Raw
Compu Serv GIF
Embed Waterbed
Filter Gallery
Open EXR
Read Watermark
A
ahall
Nov 17, 2011
"Ulysses" writes:

Thank you,

6- as follows:
Camera Raw
Compu Serv GIF
Embed Waterbed
Filter Gallery
Open EXR
Read Watermark

Thank you. Perhaps my install was not bad. Those are the ones I have.

Does anyone know what happened to all the other standard plugins that came with CS4? Have they been rolled into the core of PS? Or not included for some other reason.

Thanks,

Andrew Hall
S
Savageduck
Nov 17, 2011
On 2011-11-16 19:59:35 -0800, said:

"Ulysses" writes:

Thank you,

6- as follows:
Camera Raw
Compu Serv GIF
Embed Waterbed
Filter Gallery
Open EXR
Read Watermark

Does anyone know what happened to all the other standard plugins that came with CS4? Have they been rolled into the core of PS? Or not included for some other reason.

Thanks,

This little bit of information might steer you down the right road. < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ReadMeCS5_OptionalPlug in.pdf >

Regards,

Savageduck
A
ahall
Nov 17, 2011
Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> writes:

"Ulysses" writes:

Thank you,

6- as follows:
Camera Raw
Compu Serv GIF
Embed Waterbed
Filter Gallery
Open EXR
Read Watermark

Thanks,

This little bit of information might steer you down the right road. < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/ReadMeCS5_OptionalPlug in.pdf >

Indeed it does. Thank you very much.

Andrew Hall
S
Savageduck
Nov 17, 2011
On 2011-11-17 06:24:02 -0800, said:

"Ulysses" writes:

Thank you,

6- as follows:
Camera Raw
Compu Serv GIF
Embed Waterbed
Filter Gallery
Open EXR
Read Watermark

Thanks,

The thing to note is that much of those functions are part of the current CS5 offerings.
The CS5 selection tools are for example, are far superior to the omitted "Extract" plugin. The same is true for producing "Contact sheets" and layouts.

So for the most part those old plugins are no longer needed, unless you are wrapped up in nostalgia.

Regards,

Savageduck
A
ahall
Nov 18, 2011

On 2011-11-17 06:24:02 -0800, said:

"Ulysses" writes:

Thank you,

6- as follows:
Camera Raw
Compu Serv GIF
Embed Waterbed
Filter Gallery
Open EXR
Read Watermark

Thanks,

The thing to note is that much of those functions are part of the current CS5 offerings.
The CS5 selection tools are for example, are far superior to the omitted "Extract" plugin. The same is true for producing "Contact sheets" and layouts.

So for the most part those old plugins are no longer needed, unless you are wrapped up in nostalgia.

Yes, after reading the document I was not moved to install any of them. If I ever have a need for any of the supported file formats I will revisit it.

I was concerned because of a error log from the install that referenced the plugin install, and seeing so many fewer plugins installed.

Thanks to all,

Andrew Hall

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections