ND
Posted By
Nick_Decker
Apr 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After reading several threads here about problems with the installation of CS3, I’m a bit nervous, so I’m looking for advice from those of you who have installed it successfully.

Did you uninstall CS3 Public Beta via Add/Remove Programs? Did you use the cleaning script that Adobe has posted? Both?

My copy should be here tomorrow. I’m planning to make a backup image of my system drive, then de-activate and uninstall CS3 Beta. I’m running XP Pro SP2.

Thanks for any other suggestions.

Nick

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 22, 2007
Did you uninstall CS3 Public Beta via Add/Remove Programs?

yes.

Did you use the cleaning script that Adobe has posted? Both?

no. the readme included with the script said not to run it unless needed (if add remove programs failed).

I was nervous too after all i’ve been reading, but i removed the beta with add remove progs and installed cs3 ee and it went smooth as clockwork.

I’d believe that overall system stability – and how ‘clean’ you keep your system in general – may (probably?) contributes to those who have problems.
ND
Nick_Decker
Apr 22, 2007
OK, thanks, Dave.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 22, 2007
no problem nick. it is kinda alarming the amount of install problems going on here. i don’t recall this many with 7, cs or cs2. (although cs2 and cs had their fair share of performance related threads).

I think all you can do is go for it and hope for the best. You should be ok as long as your os installation is in relatively good shape.
ND
Nick_Decker
Apr 23, 2007
as long as your os installation is in relatively good shape

I think it is, Dave. PS has taught me a lot about "cleanliness." I’ve had very few PS problems over the years, going back to PS4. Of the few things that have bit me in the butt, anti-virus programs have been the main culprit. (How about we round up all those types that make A-V programs necessary and string ’em up by the….oh, never mind.)
GS
Glenn_Sherwood
Apr 26, 2007
I just installed CS3…installed OK after removing CS3 beta.

I am using the HP Printer B9180 which has a PS plug-in for printing. Supposed to speed up printing via one screen. Installs in CS3 File>Automate. CS3 File>Automate shows the Photosmart Plun-in but it will not come up. BTW, it worked with CS2.

HP told me that Adobe told them it works, so call Adobe, they said.

I called Adobe but hung up after waiting 30 min.

Any suggestions.

Glenn Sherwood
HB
Henry_Berry
May 6, 2007
Glenn, I am running CS3 on a Mac OSX system and the B9180 plugin does not work.

I got through to HP support yesterady and they said they were aware of the problem and the developers were looking into a fix but that it might be a month or so.

So for the time being I’m doing all the editing in CS3 and print out of CS2 which I was too untrusting to remove.

Steve
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 6, 2007
Gad, that’s exactly the same process I had to do in Beta!

What has really changed in the areas of reported bugs in Beta?
WF
william_f_richardson
May 6, 2007
I downloaded the Adobe program to remove my CS3 beta before getting CS3 which should arrive next week. After reading the Adobe instructions, I used Add/Remove programs to remove CS3. I then did a system search for "CS3" and removed the remaining files as also recommended. Now I cannot open files into CS2 anymore but must open them into Image Ready and the switch over to CS2. I get a note that CS3.exec cannot be found. I assumed that this would be resolved when I installed CS3. After reading more posts, I decided that I should run the script before installing CS3. I tried but it would not run saying Python could not be found. I found Python in the Adobe list in the script and opened it and got gibberish with a note that the file could not be opened properly. I am pretty ignorant as to computers and am worried about what to do. Should I reset to the point before I removed the beta and then run the script? or should I go ahead and install CS3 now that I have removed the beta using Add/Remove programs and manually deleting the remaining parts? The script also confuses me. What line do you click on to run it? I do not want to mess things up anymore than I already have! Thanks.
DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2007

1) restore is a good idea.

2) reinstall cs2 to get back full functionality.

3) install cs3 when that arrives.
D
davk
May 7, 2007
This a link will show to you how clean your computer from beta CS3, and after you can install CS3. Been tested and work like charm.
<http://home.earthlink.net/~khanoson/>
DM
dave_milbut
May 7, 2007

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections