B
Posted By
bilglas
May 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hope I’m not violating any newsgroup rules by posting this. And if I’m posting it in an inappropriate group, I also apologize, and would be grateful for guidance. I couldn’t find any newsgroups specifically for CS3…

I’m using Vista Business. CS2 programs running, but problematic. Yesterday, at Adobe.com, I purchased and downloaded the "Design Standard" upgrade version of the CS3 package. ($423 with tax…) Download process was cumbersome but successful.

The installation process took quite a long time (more than 30 minutes) after which, a window simply reported that installation had failed. No explanation, no "Here’s what to do now" … just "install failed." Called Adobe … tech guy took me through some difficult steps prior to my trying to install again. Hung up, attempted to install again … failed again. Called and spoke with another Adobe tech who told me, first of all, that the guy I’d spoken with before was TOTALLY wrong … then HE took me through several complicated steps (including running a script in DOS … remember DOS?) prior to the next attempt to install, which also failed.

But here’s the main REASON for my post: I next contacted Adobe CUSTOMER SERVICE, and basically said this, in a very calm voice: "If there’s somebody there who can take me through some steps that would make this installation work, I’d like to talk to him (or her). But if not, I just want a refund."

In an instant, with no questions asked, they were processing the refund. It required my filling out a "Letter of Software Destruction" and faxing it to them, but there was no hesitation on their part. They didn’t even consider the successful installation of CS3 to be a viable option….

I’d be glad to provide more detailed information if anyone’s interested.

bilglas

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections