CS2 & Bridge Installation question – guidance needed please.

LB
Posted By
Laurence_Berle
May 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All

I am about to spend money on the upgrade to CS2 but would like some feedback as follows:-

I use a dual boot Win98se (C drive has that OS) and Win2kPro SP4 (D drive has that OS).

In each OS I have multi partitioned structure i.e. I have installed the likes of PSCS (graphics applications) on one of my partitions associated with the D drive – obviously any common files go to the D drive as required by the installer.

I just want to be sure that the PSCS2 & Bridge installer will behave correctly during installation under my Win2KPro OS i.e. the core program will go where I tell it to and the common files will be ‘delivered’ to my D drive i.e. there is not some arcane bit of installer programming that will install the common files on my C drive.

I hope I have explained myself clearly and that someone (Adobe ?) can set my mind at rest before I spend the money.

Incidently, PSCS runs happily and is stable on this possibly slightly unusual system.

TIA 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
ronwolf
Jun 1, 2005
On Tue, 31 May 2005 15:21:55 -0700,
wrote:

Hi All

I am about to spend money on the upgrade to CS2 but would like some feedback as follows:-
I use a dual boot Win98se (C drive has that OS) and Win2kPro SP4 (D drive has that OS).
In each OS I have multi partitioned structure i.e. I have installed the likes of PSCS (graphics applications) on one of my partitions associated with the D drive – obviously any common files go to the D drive as required by the installer.

I just want to be sure that the PSCS2 & Bridge installer will behave correctly during installation under my Win2KPro OS i.e. the core program will go where I tell it to and the common files will be ‘delivered’ to my D drive i.e. there is not some arcane bit of installer programming that will install the common files on my C drive.

I hope I have explained myself clearly and that someone (Adobe ?) can set my mind at rest before I spend the money.

Incidently, PSCS runs happily and is stable on this possibly slightly unusual system.
TIA 🙂

Be very careful. That’s all I can tell you. CS2 activation has issues with systems that have RAID or dual boot. Unfortunately it’s hard to know in advance whether you’ll trigger the re-activatoin bug- when I had RAID issues, Adobe wasn’t much help.

BTW this just means that every time you reboot your system CS2 apps will ask you to reactivate your software. Everything works, it’s just an annoyance.
LB
Laurence_Berle
Jun 2, 2005
Anyone able to give the a definitive bit of feedback that will then give me the comfort factor of knowing I will not get any installation surprises.

Many thanks in advance 😀
N
NTD
Jun 3, 2005
Perhaps you might want to call Adobe to get your answers up front, you know, straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak.
I
ID._Awe
Jun 3, 2005
If your WIN2K is on D then the common files will install according to where the currently operating OS is installed.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections