Søren wrote:

"Søren" skrev i en meddelelse
It is possible to change the colorprofile of one single picture? (not
entire
workspace)

And where can I do that?

Image -> assign profile

thanx to myself :o)

Depends why you want to change the profile. "Assign profile" simply assigns another profile, causing colors to change. You should use this only if you know that thje profile is somehow wrong. If you want to change to another profile (for example, you want to change to sRGB because you want to post the image on the web or because your online print service uses sRGB) you should use "Convert to Profile".

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
nomail
Mar 7, 2005
Søren wrote:

"Johan W. Elzenga" skrev i en meddelelse

Depends why you want to change the profile. "Assign profile" simply assigns another profile, causing colors to change. You should use this only if you know that thje profile is somehow wrong. If you want to change to another profile (for example, you want to change to sRGB because you want to post the image on the web or because your online print service uses sRGB) you should use "Convert to Profile".

How come that it doesn´t have any effect. I "convert to profile" (from sRGB to adobe 1998), save the picture, but when I open it again, source space ("convert to profile") still is sRGB?

Am I looking the wrong place for the new profile?

What kind of image is it? Some file formats, such as BMP, do not support embedding of profiles AFAIK. Another possibility is that your color management policies are set to convert to sRGB.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections