WA
Posted By
William_A_Evans
Dec 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
………………………..I have elements 2. When I change a copied picture then try to save it the change does not take. It says it has replaced original but it does not. What am I doing wrong.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 7, 2003
Could you please give us a few more specifics? Outline your workflow, including where the original is stored, what format it’s in, what kind of changes you’re making, etc. The info is a touch sparse to be able to be of any help. Some OS info might prove helpful, too, so please toss it in.
LG
Lorace_Graham
Dec 7, 2003
I agree with Beth, William, in that we have very little information about what type of picture has been changed (.JPG, PSD, etc.)and what OS you are using.

I have found, however, that if I use a ctrl-S to save an updated >JPG photo, it works best for me. I merely get the box to choose the level I want to save it at, and then it copies over without saying it has.

I’m using Windows XP, HE.

But if I go to file/save, it tells me it can make a copy of it and does not overwrite the original picture.

Does this help any?

Lorace
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 7, 2003
You’re not using an image straight off a CD are you? If so, you’ll need to copy it to your hard drive before editing.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections