PA
Posted By
Paul_Atherton
Aug 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just re-built my PC with Vista x64 and re-installed PS CS3 from scratch upgrading to 10.0.1 from the auto update. I need this for LR2 to integrate.

Since the re-build (I was on XP x64 previously) one of my actions which includes a ‘Save As’, which saves the image to a specified directory and as a JPG (not the directory the image opens from), is unexpectidly displaying the ‘save as’ dialog, waiting for manual input. This opens on the source image directory, suggesting it’s ignored the suggested destination path, and it suggests the PSD file type rather than JPG as suggested in the action. It seems to be looking for input simply because it thinks I’m trying to overwrite the original image file.

Anyone else seeing issues like this running under Vista x64?

Thanks, Paul A

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PA
Paul_Atherton
Aug 16, 2008
Figured this out! My images were in 16bit and weren’t converting to 8 bit before the Save As action was hit, hence the dialog!
All working fine now.
Cheers, Paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections