Posted By
Celcius
Aug 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all!
I recently had to use my laptop with CS2 installed to get a number of RAW photos processed.
After a while, I could not crop any longer because my "scratch disks were full", so was phtoshop telling me.
I only have one disk (320 meg), but search me if I know how to emty it… I don’t even know where the so called scraatch disk is located. I looked up the term in the help file, but theyre’s nothing on this subject. Please help.
Thanks,
Marcel

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
JD
Aug 7, 2009
Celcius wrote:
Hi all!
I recently had to use my laptop with CS2 installed to get a number of RAW photos processed.
After a while, I could not crop any longer because my "scratch disks were full", so was phtoshop telling me.
I only have one disk (320 meg), but search me if I know how to emty it… I don’t even know where the so called scraatch disk is located. I looked up the term in the help file, but theyre’s nothing on this subject. Please help.
Thanks,
Marcel

On Windows XP:

CS3: Edit > Preferences > Performance Should show you where your scratch disk is located.

My scratch disk appears when I start CS3 and disappears when I close CS3. I’m not sure if there is any other way to clear the scratch disk. I’ve never seen the error before.

JD..
C
Celcius
Aug 8, 2009
"JD" wrote in message
Celcius wrote:
Hi all!
Thanks,
Marcel

On Windows XP:

CS3: Edit > Preferences > Performance Should show you where your scratch disk is located.

My scratch disk appears when I start CS3 and disappears when I close CS3. I’m not sure if there is any other way to clear the scratch disk. I’ve never seen the error before.

JD..

Thanks JD.
I don’t have "Preferences > Performance" in CS2. However, although I had tried to open and close Photoshop before to no avail, this AM, I turned it on and it worked. I guess I should haved re-booted Windows.
Marcel
J
JD
Aug 8, 2009
Celcius wrote:
"JD" wrote in message
Celcius wrote:
Hi all!
I only have one disk (320 meg), but search me if I know how to emty it… I don’t even know where the so called scraatch disk is located. I looked up the term in the help file, but theyre’s nothing on this subject.
Please help.
Thanks,
Marcel

On Windows XP:

JD..

Thanks JD.
I don’t have "Preferences > Performance" in CS2. However, although I had tried to open and close Photoshop before to no avail, this AM, I turned it on and it worked. I guess I should haved re-booted Windows.
Marcel

I went from PS7 to CS3 but PS always has a way to set various preferences. Click on Edit, and it’s at the bottom of the list.

Oh well.

JD..

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections