BK
Posted By
benjamin_Kortright
Apr 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
STUDENT : I am attempting to simply crop an image in Photoshop CS and it is telling me that it cannot complete the action because my "scratch disk is full" I have recently purchased an additional 512 meg memory card, there is 37 gigs left of hard drive space. I havn’t a clue what to do! PLEASE HELP

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GB
g_ballard
Apr 14, 2004
look in the top horizontal tool bar, hit the Clear button (on chance you have crazy pixel dimensions set)…
R
Ram
Apr 14, 2004
Benjamin,

This has been discussed several times recently. Do a forum search on the key words in the title of your thread: scratch disk full. You’ll find many threads like yours, e,g,:

Ann Shelbourne "How can the scratch disk be full??!!!!" 4/6/04 4:41pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>
GB
g_ballard
Apr 14, 2004
BTW, what OS and what version PS?

If OS 9 you need to assign the additional RAM to PS app before it will use it…
B
Buko
Apr 14, 2004
He said CS.

Is your hard drive partitioned??
BK
benjamin_Kortright
Apr 14, 2004
don’t know if it is partitioned? how can I tell?
R
Ram
Apr 14, 2004
If it mounts as two separate volumes (two icons on your desktop), then it’s partitioned.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections