JP
Posted By
james_park
Jan 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried to open NEF (nikon) files from Bridge CS4.
I see that "NEFLauncher 1.2 (default)" launches but it prompted that an error occurred. So far, I am unsuccessful to open any NEF files from Bridge CS4 or Explorer. Please advise me how to go around this problem? James

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Jan 29, 2009
In Bridge, right click on the NEF file, "open with" should say Adobe Photoshop CS4 (Default). If not, go to Edit, Preferences, File Type association and change Nef to Photoshop CS4. I assume you have some Nikon software that has taken the file association.

Which camera do you have?

Geoff.
JP
james_park
Jan 30, 2009
Thanks.
I have Nikon D50.
James
CY
curt_young
Jan 30, 2009
Do you have camera raw installed? In PS go to help/about plug-in/camera raw. You should have 1 and only 1 version listed.
JP
james_park
Jan 30, 2009
When I clicked "/camera raw", I see this:

Adobephotoshp camera raw version. 5.2.0.65.

Is that the real camera raw plugin? I am asking this because I donot recall install camera raw plugin during the installation of CS4.

James
GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Jan 30, 2009
James, that is the correct plugin. Did you do what I suggested in post #1 ?

Geoff.
JP
james_park
Jan 30, 2009
Sorry about forgetting your comment. I followed your instruction. It now works. Thank you again. James

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections