JB
Posted By
Jim_Breaugh
Dec 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking for software that I can use to quickly tag photos.

I take hundreds of photos of soccer teams, I would like to view photos and tag them with the players ‘number’ that is in each photo. Example, "4,12,5" continuing this for hundreds of photos and then be able to sort all the photos that player number "12" is in OR all the photos that players "4" and "5" are in.

Does Photoshop have this capability, is this the best way / program to do that.

Thanks,

JWB

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PR
Paul_R
Dec 2, 2008
Depending on what version of Photoshop you have, you may have Bridge and that should do what you want.
JB
Jim_Breaugh
Dec 2, 2008
I do have Bridge and just opened it for the first time and played a bit. I see how the tagging works however it is a bit ‘clumsy’ to tag each photo the way I was doing it.

Are there keyboard short cuts or a way to keep the template open as you select photos so I can just fill in the ‘keyword’ or some other field to be used in the sort.

I will be doing 300-400 pictures at a sitting.

I’m trying to find the best way to do this before I roll my sleeves up to do the labor.

Thanks,

-JWB
O
OldBob
Dec 2, 2008
You might want to also look in the Bridge forum here;

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bb8a3bf/>
PR
Paul_R
Dec 2, 2008
As OldBob says in the Bridge forums you will find loads of great information. There are several different ways of inserting/editing/deleting information:
IE: The Metdata Window(look for the pencil)
Right Click and File Info (can be several documents selected) Templates (look under Tools)
Plus several Bridge scipts.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections