Posted By
darren
Jul 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello Everyone,

I have been getting designing websites for some time but, they always seem to lack proffessionalism. I have been asked to produce a website for a very posh country hotel. I know they have some great images of the hotel in amongst trees and greenery and that sort of thing, how do i best make these images the centre of attention. I have read about colour schemes and the like but not anything on bringing the best out of images.

Are there any good articles or tutorials out there?

Many thanks

Darren

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
Kingdom
Jul 13, 2005
"darren" wrote in
news:db2iva$hv8$:

Hello Everyone,

I have been getting designing websites for some time but, they always seem to lack proffessionalism. I have been asked to produce a website for a very posh country hotel. I know they have some great images of the hotel in amongst trees and greenery and that sort of thing, how do i best make these images the centre of attention. I have read about colour schemes and the like but not anything on bringing the best out of images.

Many thanks

Darren

Seems you have 2 problems 1) image manipulation 2)web design skill

Yes lots, try google – tutorials web design or tutorials photoshop.

Try looking at other country hotel sites for ideas!

Maybe your not the ideal designer for this project, are they aware of your lack of skill, have they seen the kind of work you produce? Have you researched their competition? Can you compete with competitor designs? Did they give you a brief? What is their objectives from this site.? Have you discussed every relevent issue with them? Do you have a plan? colour scheme? selected fonts? Budget? Time scale?

f=Ma well, nearly…
S
Stephan
Jul 15, 2005
Kingdom wrote:
"darren" wrote in
news:db2iva$hv8$:

Hello Everyone,

Many thanks

Darren

Seems you have 2 problems 1) image manipulation 2)web design skill

I’d say 3, add 3) spelling.

Stephan
S
Stephan
Jul 15, 2005
Stephan wrote:
Kingdom wrote:

Some bad mix up here, sorry

S
D
darren
Jul 18, 2005
wot u on about, nob ed
"Stephan" wrote in message
Stephan wrote:
Kingdom wrote:

Some bad mix up here, sorry

S

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections