Posted By
Chris_Fane
Sep 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I am trying to get my LCD to most accurately represent colours from my Pantone swatch book. I have a Huey Pro calibration tool to assist in the LCD calibration.

So, I’ve calibrated the display as best as I could. It’s not a top of the line LCD and the Huey isn’t the top of the line colourimeter so I understand that I won’t get things absolutely perfect.

I’m starting with the basics: trying to match the C M Y & K from the swatch book. Figure that’s a good place to begin. I’d like to see RGB and CMYK values look as accurate as possible on my display. If I can figure that out, then I guess it’s time to understand how to match the Pantone values and the Lab settings and all that jazz.

My PS Colour Settings are North America General Purpose 2 RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
CMYK: US Web Coated (SWOP) v2

Is there anything else I can be doing to get a better on-screen representation?

Is this Holy Grail even attainable with my modest setup?

I’d really value your advice and opinions!

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
Freeagent
Sep 5, 2008
You need to look into your ambient light as well.

This thread (from the mac forum) is very long and rambling (currently 255 posts), but buried in there I suspect you’ll find everything you need:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b5c857/256>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections