X
Posted By
xikom03
Feb 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Decided to change your eye color with colored contacts and don’t know which ones to choose? Find out what the color contacts market has to offer and which lenses will make your eyes look most striking and beautiful.

Color contact lens types

You can get disposable (1 day, 2 weeks or 1 month replacement schedule) color contact lenses as well as traditional (annual replacement) lenses. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages.

Disposable lenses are healthier for your eyes. First, they are thinner so the lens lets more oxygen through to your cornea. Second, protein build-ups are less of a problem with disposable contact lenses – it doesn’t have enough time to build up. And third, if you replace your contact lenses often, the risk of bacterial infection is much less. So from the health point of view, disposable color contacts like Freshlook or Acuvue 2 Colors are better. Disposable color lenses are especially recommended if you want to wear your color contacts every day for longer than 8 hours.

On the other hand, the best annual replacement color contact lenses are hand painted, while all disposable contacts are digitally printed. For a color contact it is very important not only to give you a brilliant vibrant color, but also to look natural. If you look very closely at your eyes, you will see that your iris isn’t a solid color but has various colors and patterns. Some people have a starburst pattern, while others have tiny rays of yellow or black in a blue or green iris. These patterns and colors give your eyes a feeling of depth. Hand painted lenses, like Durasoft 2, include subtle details and varied colors. This helps to simulate depth and gives your eyes a very natural appearance.

As you can imagine, hand-painted color contacts are more difficult to produce, so they

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Bothsexes/20061002/46853.ht ml

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Feb 19, 2008
"Ragnar" wrote in message
wrote:
<SPAM> snipped

Normally I don’t reply to spam but this one started me thinking. Do coloured contact lenses affect the colours you see? And if so, would it ruin your work while you’re using Photshop?

🙂

That’s actually an interesting question. My guess is, yes, they would have an effect, but it would be small because the eye would quickly accommodate to it. One way around this would be to make the center of the contact lens clear, so that in dim light your color vision returned to normal.

Conversely, the lens yellows with age, so perhaps a blue contact lens could be used to reverse this effect, and restore normal color sensitivity, at some cost to overall light sensitivity.

As for ruining your work, just put on old contact lens of the same color on your colorimeter before calibrating. Maybe this could be a new feature. LOL.

Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com
R
Ragnar
Feb 19, 2008
wrote:
<SPAM> snipped

Normally I don’t reply to spam but this one started me thinking. Do coloured contact lenses affect the colours you see? And if so, would it ruin your work while you’re using Photshop?

🙂
J
Joe
Feb 19, 2008
"Ragnar" wrote:

wrote:
<SPAM> snipped

🙂

Me? I just add the spammer to my kill-file, so they won’t spam more than ONCE.
J
Joe
Feb 20, 2008
"Mike Russell" wrote:

"Ragnar" wrote in message
wrote:
<SPAM> snipped

🙂

That’s actually an interesting question. My guess is, yes, they would have an effect, but it would be small because the eye would quickly accommodate to it. One way around this would be to make the center of the contact lens clear, so that in dim light your color vision returned to normal.
Conversely, the lens yellows with age, so perhaps a blue contact lens could be used to reverse this effect, and restore normal color sensitivity, at some cost to overall light sensitivity.

As for ruining your work, just put on old contact lens of the same color on your colorimeter before calibrating. Maybe this could be a new feature. LOL.

Me? unless the plastic is thick and dull enough to make the noticeable difference, else I don’t think it will make any difference (?). Or people with blue eyes would see the world in blue, brown or black would see a darker world <bg>

*But* I read the level of pain can depend on the color of the eyes. I read this only ONCE 30-40 years ago.
D
Dave
Feb 20, 2008
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:46:36 -0600, Joe wrote:

*But* I read the level of pain can depend on the color of the eyes. I read this only ONCE 30-40 years ago.

The level of eye sensitivity depend on the color of the eyes. The color of my eyes is green and the sun reflecting from white clouds can even be sharper than when driving on a cloudless day.

What I said about eye sensitivity relating to the color, was said to me by a medical doctor years ago when I told him what I said up here. He laughed and said ‘you should keep away from flashing disco lights as well’. And that I found very true:-)

Dave
MR
Mike Russell
Feb 21, 2008
wrote in message news:871e4aeb-d3ab-4d14-9fe8-[re
yellowing of vision with age]
Is there a name for this phenomenon? What should we do about it?

It’s an early stage of cataracts, believed to be caused in part by UV light on the lens. Most of us will get it to some degree, with the only good news being that science advances onward, and the prosthetic lenses are getting better all the time. There is even one that retains some of the eye’s ability to focus. Anyway, you still have plenty of time to learn to rely on the info palette in Photoshop, (and curvemeister’s hue clock).

Here’s an article describing the effect of cataracts on Monet’s color vision:
http://www.psych.ucalgary.ca/pace/va-lab/AVDE-Website/monet. html

"Although Monet was diagnosed with nuclear cataracts in both eyes by a Parisian ophthalmologist in 1912, at the age of 72, his visual problems began much earlier. Soon after 1905 (age 65) he began to experience changes in his perception of color. He no longer perceived colors with the same intensity. Indeed his paintings showed a change in the whites and greens and blues, with a shift towards "muddier" yellow and purple tones. After 1915, his paintings became much more abstract, with an even more pronounced color shift from blue-green to red-yellow. He complained of perceiving reds as muddy, dull pinks, and other objects as yellow. These changes are consistent with the visual effects of cataracts. Nuclear cataracts absorb light, desaturate colors, and make the world appear more yellow." —
R
ronviers
Feb 21, 2008
On Feb 18, 11:05 pm, "Mike Russell" <
MOVE> wrote:

Conversely, the lens yellows with age, …

Mike Russell -www.curvemeister.com

Hi Mike,

Thanks,
Ron
MR
Mike Russell
Feb 21, 2008
wrote in message news:f3da776d-7f36-40bd-b1db-
[re cataracts]
Thanks Mike. The article was very interesting. Cataracts do not run in my family so maybe the onset will be postponed for a while. You know, I wish nature would have chosen red to shift to – anything but yellow.

Nature’s a lazy bum if you ask me. They could have gone the extra mile and given us lifetime guarantee focus, and used decent optical media instead of goo, but noooo.

While I’m on this, the "Bayer pattern" used by the retina is a big marketing scam. The actual resolution of the eye is much less than the number of pixels indicates, and they’re not fooling anyone with that randomized hexagonal array any more than Fuji did.

But the yellow color might be a good choice – it may work as a sort of UV filter, that is if the lens doesn’t go completely opaque. Really cheaply made – the QA at the factory must be abysmal.

R
ronviers
Feb 22, 2008
On Feb 21, 1:42 am, "Mike Russell" <
MOVE> wrote:
wrote in message news:871e4aeb-d3ab-4d14-9fe8-[re

yellowing of vision with age]

It’s an early stage of cataracts, believed to be caused in part by UV light on the lens. Most of us will get it to some degree, with the only good news being that science advances onward, and the prosthetic lenses are getting better all the time. There is even one that retains some of the eye’s ability to focus. Anyway, you still have plenty of time to learn to rely on the info palette in Photoshop, (and curvemeister’s hue clock).
Here’s an article describing the effect of cataracts on Monet’s color vision:http://www.psych.ucalgary.ca/pace/va-lab/AVDE-Website /monet.html
"Although Monet was diagnosed with nuclear cataracts in both eyes by a Parisian ophthalmologist in 1912, at the age of 72, his visual problems began much earlier. Soon after 1905 (age 65) he began to experience changes in his perception of color. He no longer perceived colors with the same intensity. Indeed his paintings showed a change in the whites and greens and blues, with a shift towards "muddier" yellow and purple tones. After 1915, his paintings became much more abstract, with an even more pronounced color shift from blue-green to red-yellow. He complained of perceiving reds as muddy, dull pinks, and other objects as yellow. These changes are consistent with the visual effects of cataracts. Nuclear cataracts absorb light, desaturate colors, and make the world appear more yellow." —
Mike Russell -www.curvemeister.com

Thanks Mike. The article was very interesting. Cataracts do not run in my family so maybe the onset will be postponed for a while. You know, I wish nature would have chosen red to shift to – anything but yellow.
K
KatWoman
Feb 23, 2008
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
wrote in message news:f3da776d-7f36-40bd-b1db-
[re cataracts]

Nature’s a lazy bum if you ask me. They could have gone the extra mile and given us lifetime guarantee focus, and used decent optical media instead of goo, but noooo.

While I’m on this, the "Bayer pattern" used by the retina is a big marketing scam. The actual resolution of the eye is much less than the number of pixels indicates, and they’re not fooling anyone with that randomized hexagonal array any more than Fuji did.

But the yellow color might be a good choice – it may work as a sort of UV filter, that is if the lens doesn’t go completely opaque. Really cheaply made – the QA at the factory must be abysmal.

DON’t smoke
IT IS A FACTOR IN FORMING CATARACTS

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections