HOW to turn off "extras" tag on pictures in ps v7 ?

M
Posted By
moomoo
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I am working in photoshop v 7 and everytime I open a picture or import by scanning every picture has an "extras" tag in the top left corner showing a grey number with small envelop or box.
I have to manually turn it off/hide the grey tags by using the hotkey "Control-H". This is really annoying!

Is there a way to turn off this annoying tag all together so I don’t see it when opening a new picture?

if you can help me please email: with the answer. this problem is driving me crazy!!!!

much thanks in advance for advice help.

moomoo
ps. Yes i am a photoshop newbie so please have pity!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RW
Rene_Walling
May 6, 2004
This "tag" is actually a slice, to remove it, turn slice viewing off
M
moomoo
May 8, 2004
hI rENE,

THANK YOU!
I unchecked the show slices box under the preferences and it worked. I never would have found that one on my own. much appreciated for the help!!!

moomoo
P
Phosphor
May 8, 2004
"I never would have found that one on my own."

I’m curious about why not? Don’t you read help files or supplied PDFs? Or, even better, don’t you explore all of Photoshops UI options, just to see what they do?

That’s a good part of the fun, mate!
T
Todie
May 8, 2004
Comedy is fun.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 8, 2004
You know, somebody should make a list of frequently asked questions and their answers and stick it at the top of the topics list page. I am sure everyone would read it .

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections