EB
Posted By
Elizabeth_Brady
Feb 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am completely new at Elements and and having a great deal of problems learning how to use it. All I wish to do is to use the same features that were offered on Adobe Photoshop 4.0: crop to size, make simple corrections and to add the text. How best can I begin to learn these simple functions.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 14, 2004
I have been taking classes and they are wonderful. They start at the very beginning, but if you have been using Photoshop, you probably would want to start at one of the middle classes.
Also some of the books on PSE are very helpful. I like the classes better, and use the books for reference now.
I learn best by classes, so if you want me to give you the URL for these, e-mail me at and I will give you all the info.
Jane
MM
Michael_Moody
Feb 14, 2004
There have several threads on this site about the best books to use. You might want to search for "books" and you’ll find all you need. Each writer has their favorites, but almost all of them are very helpful. The Help menu also has some good tutorials.

At the end of the day, you’ve bought a B747 and you’ll jsut have to learn to fly it – one task at a time. (I’m up to just four now.)
MM
Michael_Moody
Feb 14, 2004
PS: Stick with this forum. It’s probably the best resource of all.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 15, 2004
Try some of the tutorials that are out there:

Try <http://www.arraich.com/elements/psE_intro.htm>

or

<http://myjanee.home.insightbb.com/tutorials.htm>

Its amazing how much you will learn trying out the tutorials …. and its good fun too!!

Wendy
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 15, 2004
Elizabeth, Listen to Jane’s advice, she really learned a lot. If it’s leading toward the Eclecticacademy.com site, maybe I’ll see you there.
I am signed up for the next session … PSE middle class. Marty
R
Ray
Feb 15, 2004
And she’s not the only one… I joined them too, last year. I learned a great deal !!

Ray
EW
Ed_Wurster
Feb 15, 2004
wrote…
I am completely new at Elements and and having a great deal of problems
learning how to use it. All I wish to do is to use the same features that were offered on Adobe Photoshop 4.0: crop to size, make simple corrections and to add the text. How best can I begin to learn these simple functions.

I agree with Michael — the best way to begin to learn is to spend some time each day on this forum. Ask questions, or search the google archives.

Next on the list are the tutorials at arraich.com and myjanee.com.

Purchase a book specific to Elements after you’ve read the included book.

Consider hiring someone to show you specifically what you need to know. It sounds like a few hours would suffice.

An online class or class at a high school will work if you can budget a few hours each week for 12-16 weeks.

Ed

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections