MR
Posted By
Mike Reade
Sep 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a used copy of Photoshop 5.5 (full version) that works fine, but I would like to get the v. 7.0 upgrade. I tried registering my 5.5 on-line with no luck. My question is this: will the upgrade (download) "take" anyway, or am I out of luck.

(I was told the 5.5 I purchased was used but unregistered. I’m hoping the on-line registration didn’t work simply because of how old my product is.)

Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Sep 16, 2003
I can only suggest contacting Adobe Customer Service and plead your case to them. They have been extraodinarily helpful to me in the past.

Find contact info at this link:
< http://www.adobeforums.com/images/forumfaq.html#salesorupgra de>
MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 12, 2003
The fact is, whether the 5.5 is "legit" or not, 7.0 upgrade will work with it. 5.5 doesn’t even have to be installed. Upgrade will ask for previous media. You insert it in CD drive briefly to verify, then reinsert the 7 upgrade CD back in to finish installation.

The 5.5 doesn’t even have to be a full version, a 5.5 upgrade will work.

The question of whether you can register the 7.0 upgrade without having ever registered any full previous version, I dunno.

Mac

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections