KK
Posted By
kris_Killman
Dec 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just upgraded from windows 98 second edition, to windows XP and when I opened a new window in photoshop I couldn’t get the image size to work. Any idea’s how to fix that?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Dec 19, 2003
Kris,

By "Upgrade" I assume that you simply upgraded the OS and did not format your hard drive and reinstall everything.

If that is true you probably should uninstall Elements and reinstall under the new OS.

Although a reinstall is probably the cleanest approach you could try setting the Compatibility for Elements back to Win 98:

Right click the program file (in my case C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\PhotoshopElements.exe), select Properties, select the Compatibility tab, and change to Win 98.

I’ve had good luck with older software such as Print Shop.

Bob

PS: Force a Restore Point before you start.
KK
kris_Killman
Dec 20, 2003
I changed the Campatibility tab to Win 98 but I don’t know how to Force a Restore Point. What are the steps to do that?
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 20, 2003
Kris,

Click the Start Button, go to Help and Support and under Additional Resources, click System Restore. There you will have the option to set a new restore point and name it…something like "Pre-whatever" might be useful.
KK
kris_Killman
Dec 23, 2003
Also getting messages that say "Cannot load Alert Resource." It won’t let me in some of my files. How do I fix that?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections