MM
Posted By
Montgomery Montague
Feb 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK, just recently bought the CS2 upgrade. My computer currently has photoshop 7.0 installed and I also have the CS2 trial version (the one that expires after 30 days) installed. I purchased the CS2 upgrade from an outside vendor because they had a sale going.

When I put in the upgrade CD, and click on install photoshop, it obviously recognizes that I have CS2 already on my computer and gives me the option to repair or remove. I go with repair and after a brief bit of churning, a pop up says: Please insert the disk: 1

Figuring that they meant my original photoshop 7 disk, I put that in but it just repeats the message. Leaving my upgrade CD in has the same result. I can’t seem to get past this stage. I have two different CD rom drives and both have the same problem.

I also tried to enter the serial number of the upgrade into the screen that pops up on my trial version but that number isn’t recognized which is understandable. I would call support but they are closed and are only really open when I’m at work so I’m asking here. Anyone have a clue on how to get me up and running?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 13, 2007
uninstall the cs2 trial and try again.

of course if by sale you mean 50 bux, you’re screwed. 🙂
MM
Montgomery Montague
Feb 14, 2007
Thanks for the advice. I actually ended up trying that right after I posted this last night and sure enough, it worked. Seems kinda silly that I had to re-install it but I guess I can see why it caused a conflict.

No by sale I meant 20 bucks off… 🙂 Although given that cs3 is just around the corner, I thought it’d be much lower.

Oh well.

Thanks again.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 14, 2007
No by sale I meant 20 bucks off…

that’s cool. you’d be surprised at how many people come in here asking why their 25 dollar photoshop disk won’t activate! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections