RS
Posted By
richard_skover
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just upgraded my Mac G4 (AGP Graphics) to OS 10.2.8 and I have a problem with PS 7.01. Everytime I start it up, I get a dialog box that states " One or more files in the adobe application support folder necessary for running Photoshop under OS X are missing. Please run the Photoshop installer under OS X and reinstall Photoshop or custom install the Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X Tune up". Is there any way to remedy this, and why is it happening? Do I have to go back and reinstall Photoshop? If so, how far do I go back, my last full version of PS is 4.0 or earlier- everything from thereon is an upgrade. Do I have to go all the way back there and reinstall every version up to 7.0.1? How does this re-installation work in the Classic and OS X environment? Doesn’t Classic start up automatically when you use an older installer like PS 4.0? Where do I find the Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X Tune up? I checked the download area, but didn’t see it. Would it be better and easier to use the tune up? Thanks for your help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GB
g_ballard
Jun 1, 2004
Where do I find the Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X Tune up?

It is an option in the Installer under Custom (try clicking on Easy, or whater the default option is, drop down to Custom, select TuneUp)…from memory, but should get you in the right place.

Make sure you run all the 7x updaters.
B
Buko
Jun 1, 2004
Just do as it says and run the PS 7 installer again.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections