DW
Posted By
David_Walker
Jun 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have reinstalled Windows XP and am now installing software. Before this reinstallation, I was using my PhotoshopCS upgrade to CS2 for several months.

I successfully re-installed PhotoshopCS. However, when I try to install my CS2 upgrade I’m having no success at all. Before I even get to the installation, in the Upgrade Verification Dialog, I’m given 3 types of verification choices—ALL three fail to find CS1 on my system—and I get the notice saying "Could not find qualifying product" and tells me to call customer service. I know PS1 is there; it opens fine and works like it should.

I’ve previously registered CS1 with Adobe with no problems.

I’m looking for advice here before I make the call.

Thanks for any help.

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 12, 2007
David,

You didn’t say if your PS CS installation is a retaill CD version or a download, but one of the 3 verification choices for the CS2 upgrade should have been to use your prior version installation CD. You need not install PS CS unless you just wanted to use it while learning the features of CS2. I’m clueless as to why none of the 3 verification choices worked for you and have nothing to much to suggest if you’re working with downloaded versions for which there is no CD available. Doesn’t the option to search for an existing installation also give you the choice to manually browse and locate it? I thought it did, in which case I’d suggest trying that.

Regards,

Daryl

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections