DH
Posted By
Dave_Harris2
Sep 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As a newbie to colour management and my monitor showing one shade? of colour and the print another, I have bought Spyder express 2 suite to try and bring to two together I am using photoshop 7 and XP.

My printers are an Epson R200 & R2400

In the color settings window in photoshop currently are a custom setup working spaces spaces RGB 1998; euroscale coated; gray gamma 2.2 and dot gain 20%

Color management all set to preserve embedded profiles

Are these settings an acceptable starting point or are their better settings

Sorry if this question is to basic but I would like to reach the bottom rung on the ladder to what you see is what you get

Thanks in advance
DaveH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CF
chris_farrell
Sep 16, 2008
What print settings are you using?

Set the Espon to ‘let photoshop manage colour ‘ and scroll the printer profile down to either stylus photo R200 or stylus photo R2400 . This give better results when using canned profiles.

I have custom printer profiles for my 3800 and the colours are now spot on when they previously had a nasty magenta bias.

If that fails – try ‘ let printer manage colours ‘ and do a test print with various colour changes within the driver.
SP
Sid_Phillips
Sep 16, 2008
As Chris said, you want to disable color management in your Epson printer driver and then enable it in PS7. You need to tell it to manage color and then assign the correct printer profile for the printer, paper and ink you are using. That should get you much closer to WYSIWYG color.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections