P
Posted By
Pantha
Nov 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Canon i9950 inkjet printer. Driver is loaded properly. PS CS2 is also working fine. But colour is not 100% matched from PS CS2. Sometimes a magenta or yellow or other colour cast is coming.I went through the colour management help topics in PS help. That didn’t help too much. I tried setting ‘LET PRINTER DETERMINE THE COLOUR’ and ‘LET PHOTOSHOP DETERMINE THE COLOUR’ both in printer colour management settings. Printer, Photoshop and monitor have the same color profile, set using Adobe Gamma and saved as a new profile aptly named.

I know this is too vast and complicated topic to discuss here in this forum, but can anybody point out briefly what should be the checkpoints (in order) to get the best possible (and matched with PS and monitor) colour output through a inkjet printer.

Thanks in advance for any sugesstion.
Pantha.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 20, 2006
but can anybody point out briefly what should be the checkpoints (in order) to get the best possible (and matched with PS and monitor) colour output through a inkjet printer.

Spend 15 minutes at the site below and you’ll be on your way.

<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps9_colour/ps9_1.htm> Photoshop CS2 – Colour Management
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 20, 2006
You should not be using the profile created in Adobe Gamma for anything but your monitor. Photoshop should be using the profile of the image (which should be device-independent, such as sRGB or Adobe RGB) as its working space.

For printing, if you select (in Print with Preview) the option of having the printer manage color, set the printer driver to the proper paper type and use the driver’s own color management system, not a chosen profile. If you want to have Photoshop manage color, set the printer driver to not manage color, then select the option of having Photoshop manage color and set the profile in Print with Preview to the appropriate profile for your paper and ink type (either supplied by the printer manufacturer or created for that paper and ink combo using a colorimeter).
P
Pantha
Nov 20, 2006
@YrbkMgr: I will go through the link, read the article, seems very elaborate. Thanks.

@Sullivan: I will test print using your suggestions and report back. Thanks for quick response.

Pantha.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections