D
Posted By
DGDevin
Dec 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My anti-virus software had a meltdown a couple of days ago thanks to an update that caused it to see malware all over the place (that wasn’t really there) and deleted some files. My Elements 3 (that has been running happily for some time) will no longer function, I get some sort of unrecoverable error message when I try to start the editing part of PS3. When I tried to reload PS3 from the original disc it begins the installation and then a popup asks for "disc 1". There is only one disc, but the install program won’t proceed without "disc 1". Anyone seen this before?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Rick
Dec 4, 2009
"DGDevin" wrote in message
My anti-virus software had a meltdown a couple of days ago thanks to an update that caused it to see malware all over the place (that wasn’t really there) and deleted some files. My Elements 3 (that has been running happily for some time) will no longer function, I get some sort of unrecoverable error message when I try to start the editing part of PS3. When I tried to reload PS3 from the original disc it begins the installation and then a popup asks for "disc 1". There is only one disc, but the install program won’t proceed without "disc 1". Anyone seen this before?

No, tough shit.
ID
Ian D
Dec 5, 2009

Was that Avast? Unless you told it to delete the files, they would all have been in quarantine. The problem would be figuring out which files belong to what application.

Your problem with reinstalling PSE3 could be that you still have a partial install remaining. Try an uninstall, and if that doesn’t work, delete all PSE3 files manually. You may also have to remove PSE references in the registry. Back up the registry before you do that. It may not be feasible to remove all registry entries, so do the ones that have PSE file and location references. For a search word use; elements. Don’t use adobe, for obvious reasons.
R
rwalker
Dec 5, 2009
On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 18:56:20 -0000, "Geoff. Hayward" wrote:

No, tough shit.

Well aren’t you the helpful, stupid ass hole.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections