EL
Posted By
Ed_LaBarre
Jul 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Photoshop 7 program was not not working properly after some work was done on my computer. Some features of the program were gone. So, I uninstalled the program and then I tried to reinstall the program/software using the disc that I first used to install Photoshop 7. When I insert the disc,it does not seem to be recognized as a program or software to be installed, but instead I see the small window that appears when I inset my SD card with photos on it, and I am asked which program I want to use to view the photos. It seems that an installation window should open for installation of the Photoshop 7 program/software. Any suggestions on how I can reinstall Photoshop 7 will be appreciated. The disc is a registered disc. Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TG
Tom Glowka
Jul 23, 2007
Hold down shift when you insert the disc, open disc and dbl click the setup.exe file.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jul 23, 2007
Ed,

It sounds like various media are just being handled by your PC as storage media rather than installation media. So, just browse the CD using Windows Explorer and launch the setup program which probably is called "setup.exe". If you don’t see the EXE file extension, you probably have file extensions hidden, in which case a file would appear simply as "setup". That file may be in a "Photoshop" folder on the CD, which seems familiar as I think of it. If so, then the root level of the CD should also have a file either called autorun.inf or perhaps autorun.exe. If the latter, clicking it should launch the installation. If you find the former, just open it in Notepad and you should see a path identified where the actual installation executable resides.

Regards,

Daryl
J
Jim
Jul 23, 2007
wrote in message
My Photoshop 7 program was not not working properly after some work was done on my computer. Some features of the program were gone. So, I uninstalled the program and then I tried to reinstall the program/software using the disc that I first used to install Photoshop 7. When I insert the disc,it does not seem to be recognized as a program or software to be installed, but instead I see the small window that appears when I inset my SD card with photos on it, and I am asked which program I want to use to view the photos. It seems that an installation window should open for installation of the Photoshop 7 program/software. Any suggestions on how I can reinstall Photoshop 7 will be appreciated. The disc is a registered disc. Thanks

Someone has turned off autorun for the CD. Just find the program on the disk called "setup.exe". Then double click on the file, and it should start the installation.

Jim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections