AN
Posted By
amber_nicole
Dec 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok…I have used CS2 to create a logo for the web, however, no matter how clear it looks while open in photoshop, the quality looks poor on the web. I have researched this for a while now, and can’t seem to come up with anything that’s working. I have tried saving in png, gif, jpeg format, but with no luck. The one topic that i did find on the web (that seemed to make sense) was something to do with gif format and the color palette. Can anyone simply explain what my settings need to be at in order to get a sharp image? When i do save in gif format it looks blocky. help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 10, 2007
are you designing the image at the actual size it will be used as on the page or are you resizing with witdth and height attributes on the web page. that will make a huge difference in quality. if you intend to use the image as a 200x300px image on your page, design it at that size, do not resize in either html or photoshop.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Dec 10, 2007
Do you use the whole colour palette in SFW for the colours in use?

Maybe screenshots of before/after.

Rob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections