GM
Posted By
George_Mazzone
Jun 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK – I know I can resize images – but in order to not get the proportions out of whack – I don’t seem to be able to get the size that I want (i.e. 4×6 or 8×10). I always wind up at 6×4.5 or some strange thing. Please help this beginner print out a 4×6 photo?????!!!!! (without all the varying sizes of white strips on the edges
THANKS

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jhjl1
Jun 26, 2004
Crop your photo to the proper ratio. Get it as close as possible by resizing and then use the rectangular marquee tool and crop to 4×6 by setting it to fixed size and enter your dimensions. Just one of several ways to get you where you want to be.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
OK – I know I can resize images – but in order to not get the
proportions out of whack – I don’t seem to be able to get the size that I want (i.e. 4×6 or 8×10). I always wind up at 6×4.5 or some strange thing. Please help this beginner print out a 4×6 photo?????!!!!! (without all the varying sizes of white strips on the edges
THANKS
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 26, 2004
There are a few of the newer digital cameras that will allow you to specify an aspect ratio. But most cameras that I am familiar with do not have such a feature. Consequently, the image produced by these digital cameras do not conform to the standard print sizes that we have become accustomed to. So in order to print a photograph that is precisely one of these standard print sizes it will require that the photograph be cropped to a certain extent. You can use the rectangular marquee tool or the crop tool to do this. There are some issues with resampling. I would encourage you to study resampling in the help files and search for tutorials on this subject. I understand the issue, but I don’t know how to explain it as well as some of the others.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 27, 2004
See other responses…
It’s mathematically impossible to make something 6×4 that doesn’t start out in that proportion without either cropping or "warping".

Just like you can’t make a 5×7 or 8×10 from 35mm neg without cropping.

Or, as you mention, printing smaller on 6×4 paper, with larger border on two sides. This is only way you can get the entire original image on 6×4 paper.

Mac
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jun 27, 2004
George,
Two points:
1. This topic is being discussed concurrently, see here: Raymond Robillard "changing image size" 6/24/04 3:21am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>
2. Your printer probably does not have the capability to print a borderless picture. Not all printers can do that.
Ken

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections