H
Posted By
harvey
Feb 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have had a few failures at trying to post a message, so I am trying again.

Does anyone know how to solve the following problem.

I have recovered a lot of files from my hard drive with an expensive recovery programme and found that many of the photos could not be opened. I receive one of the following messages depending on the programme used.:

"Reading arithmetic coded jpeg files is not implemented." in Photoshop Elements 2.

or

"An unknown or invalid jpeg marker was found" in Photopaint 7

All files look as though they have the correct file size (when compared to those which do open) and show the proper icon. The makers of the recovery programme cannot help. They say it was because I recovered the files to the same hard drive which they were deleted from.

(I have a rigorous back up system which failed me this time as I did not have time to back up before I had a serious computer failure.)

Can someone please help?

Regards Harvey

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Christian
Feb 7, 2006
| "Reading arithmetic coded jpeg files is not implemented." | in Photoshop Elements 2.

| "An unknown or invalid jpeg marker was found" in Photopaint 7

Not uncommon with any version of Elements. I open the file in another photo program and do a "save as" right on top of the original file. Then Elements seems happy.

CTucker
NY

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections