AB
Posted By
Andrew Bealing
Jul 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whilst I successfully backed up my catalogue onto 5 DVDs some time ago, I now need to save all the photos I have added since. I follow the wizard for the incremental backup and it checks a blank DVD for the write speed but then when I put in the last of the original backup disks presumably so that it can check which pictures were included, it fails to identify the contents as being a backup at all and spits it out. The pictures and other files are safely recorded on the disks and the drive is on the list of those supported by the program. I have tried the other disks with the same result. I note from the Adobe user forums that there have been one or two similar reported cases but no resolution other than to avoid the PSE backup altogether or call Adobe tech support which I have now done and am awaiting a resolution, if any.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so have they solved it?

Andrew Bealing

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AB
Andrew Bealing
Jul 27, 2006
I failed to mention that its PSE 3 for Windows using XP Home SP2

Andrew

"Andrew Bealing" wrote in message
Whilst I successfully backed up my catalogue onto 5 DVDs some time ago, I now need to save all the photos I have added since. I follow the wizard for the incremental backup and it checks a blank DVD for the write speed but then when I put in the last of the original backup disks presumably so that it can check which pictures were included, it fails to identify the contents as being a backup at all and spits it out. The pictures and other files are safely recorded on the disks and the drive is on the list of those supported by the program. I have tried the other disks with the same result. I note from the Adobe user forums that there have been one or two similar reported cases but no resolution other than to avoid the PSE backup altogether or call Adobe tech support which I have now done and am awaiting a resolution, if any.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so have they solved it?
Andrew Bealing

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections