DH
Posted By
Dale Hammer
Jan 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PE 2.0 I had customized a couple of Picture Layouts to work with 4×6’s that worked fine. I tried to add these customizations to PE 3.0 but am having trouble with one of them. When I put the text file required for the custom layout in the file folder …/shared assets/layouts and the file’s first line is "I 8.5 10.5" it will not show up on the Layout pull down. I am pretty sure it is because the line is not matching what the program thinks the printer paper size should be as when I change the paper size to A4 on the printer the appropriate A4 picture layouts then show up and the Letter size layouts go away. I just cannot figure out what paper size or other option I need to change to have this different paper size show up. I tried "User Defined" paper size on my printer options to no effect. The printer I have is a HP Officejet 5110 and handled this increased page size definition just fine in PE 2.0.

I want to make this custom change as the three 4×6 layout included now with PE 3.0 puts all the pictures adjacent with no white space inbetween which makes it much more difficult to cut. I can use my two 4×6’s layout just fine but it does waste paper.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dale Hammer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections