Posted By
coffeeboy27
Feb 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

i have a question about the backup function in Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0.
I have my Photo Folder on my d: Drive –> d:\photos ( 15GB ) I have import all my photos into PSE … i have read that PSE only make an shortcut to my photo folder…
But if i would like to start a backup, i notice that my Backup file is so large as my photo folder…!!!! ( 15GB )
It is possible to make only a shortcut to my photo folder without a copy from my original files ?

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Feb 19, 2008
Are you saying you only want to make a backup of the definitions etc of PE, but not create copies of the photos themselves? I would think that copies of the actual photos would be far more important.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

wrote in message
Hi,

I have my Photo Folder on my d: Drive –> d:\photos ( 15GB ) I have import all my photos into PSE … i have read that PSE only make an shortcut to my photo folder…
But if i would like to start a backup, i notice that my Backup file is so large as my photo folder…!!!! ( 15GB )
It is possible to make only a shortcut to my photo folder without a copy from my original files ?

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby
HM
herbert.mackert
Feb 19, 2008
On 19 Feb., 13:50, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
Are you saying you only want to make a backup of the definitions etc of PE, but not create copies of the photos themselves? I would think that copies of the actual photos would be far more important.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

wrote in message

Hi,

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby

Hi Joseph,

yes, i´d need only a backup of the definitons of PSE …! I backup my orginal photos automatically…
Did you have an idea ?

thank you very much ….
JM
Joseph Meehan
Feb 19, 2008
Sorry I don’t. I would expect that if you knew which files store what you could just copy those needed. Assuming you don’t store the images in an Adobe folder, then I would guess that you could copy the Adobe folder or maybe a sub folder.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

wrote in message
On 19 Feb., 13:50, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
Are you saying you only want to make a backup of the definitions etc of
PE, but not create copies of the photos themselves? I would think that copies of the actual photos would be far more important.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

wrote in message

Hi,

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby

Hi Joseph,

yes, i´d need only a backup of the definitons of PSE …! I backup my orginal photos automatically…
Did you have an idea ?

thank you very much ….
K
Kedunk
Mar 30, 2008
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:34:48 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Path: textbe01-phx!hwmnpeer02.phx!hw-filter.phx!hwmnpeer01.phx!hwm npeer01.lga!news.highwinds-media.com!news.glorb.com!postnews .google.com!28g2000hsw.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Subject: Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 Backup
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:34:48 -0800 (PST)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 17
Message-ID:
NNTP-Posting-Host: 213.95.18.111
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1203327289 31631 127.0.0.1 (18 Feb 2008 09:34:49 GMT) X-Complaints-To:
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:34:49 +0000 (UTC) Complaints-To:
Injection-Info: 28g2000hsw.googlegroups.com; posting-host=213.95.18.111; posting-account=meVshwoAAAB6XTix6j-3FAzrhEuHAX5W
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Xref: Hurricane-Charley adobe.photoshop.elements:9891
X-Received-Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:34:59 MST (textbe01-phx) X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 080330-0, 03/30/2008), Inbound message X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

Hi,

Thank you very much !

Your´s

Herby

That’s what a backup is. A copy of your original files. That way, if your hard drive goes out, you still have a copy of your photos. If you only have a shortcut to your photos and your hard drive crashes, then, good bye photos. You can save your originals on your backup drive. Just don’t have photoshop do a backup.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections