B
Posted By
bobusan1
Jan 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The elements 3 demo worked fine am getting "not enough ram’ error on most filters on my recently purchased elements 4 software. Have 504 megs, 1.60 ghz mobile P .Please
help get out of my funk.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
catfish
Jan 7, 2006
"" wrote:
The elements 3 demo worked fine am getting "not enough ram’ error on most filters on my recently purchased elements 4 software. Have 504 megs, 1.60 ghz mobile P .Please
help get out of my funk.

buy another 512 megs

don’t bother replying to
or even
just reply to the newsgroup and i will catch it there
AG
AKA gray asphalt
Jan 8, 2006
wrote in message
"" wrote:
help get out of my funk.

buy another 512 megs

don’t bother replying to
or even
just reply to the newsgroup and i will catch it there

Imo, you have enough RAM but how did you get 504 instead of 512? Anyway, I’d go to the Windows Task Manager in XP, if you are using XP and see what is hogging the memory. There may be a way to allocate more memory to Elements but I do not know how. Does it happen when you open Elemetns first or only after you’ve had some other programs open, which may mean a memory leak, if I understood what the experts said on another forum.
B
bobusan1
Jan 8, 2006
The 504 is what my computer sys. prop. says I have.I turned everything off with no luck.I uninstalled it then installed the E4 demo version and that works fine.Resized my Image to a thumbnail,played with memory & image setting,scaned online Adobe knowlege base,wrote to their forum, no luck.Nobody’s having the exact same problem.Bought it OEM "no box"from gr8prices.com
I think its just buggy software and I’m sh*t out of luck
JT
Jim tarloff
Jan 8, 2006
You gotta buy more memory. Hopefully you meant 512. I have found the sweet spot with PE 3 and 4 to be between 1.5 gig and 2.0 gig.

wrote in message
help get out of my funk.
B
bobusan1
Jan 9, 2006
I Installed the E4 demo, it works fine.Min.req.are 256 megs I think it’s the software itself,its OEM.I scaled an image down to a 10k thumbnail same problem.
AG
AKA gray asphalt
Jan 9, 2006
"jimrx4" wrote in message
You gotta buy more memory. Hopefully you meant
512. I have found the sweet spot with PE 3 and 4
to be between 1.5 gig and 2.0 gig.

wrote in message
The elements 3 demo worked fine am getting "not
enough ram’ error on
most filters on my recently purchased elements
4 software. Have 504
megs, 1.60 ghz mobile P .Please
help get out of my funk.

I’ve run Photoshop, full version on 512M for
years.
B
bobusan1
Jan 9, 2006
Just install E4 demo it, works fine.Good thing I didn’t buy more ram to solve my problem.Must be a problem with the software.Found out you have to PAY for software
support!!!!!
F
Fishface
Jan 9, 2006
AKA gray asphalt wrote:
Imo, you have enough RAM but how did you get
504 instead of 512?

8 MB shared video memory (integrated graphics)?
B
bobusan1
Jan 9, 2006
Yes, its a sony laptop,system info says 504 megs.Have gotten feedback from Barbara Brundage over at Adobe forums,(She wrote elements 3 book),she thinks its the software.
F
Fishface
Jan 10, 2006
bobusan1 wrote:

I Installed the E4 demo, it works fine.Min.req.are 256 megs I think it’s the software itself,its OEM.I scaled an image down to a 10k thumbnail same problem.

I have but PSE3 and I have some memory related settings in the Preferences dialog under the edit menu. May we assume your operating system is XP? Plenty of room on your Scratch Disk volume? You might try defragmenting the disk, too. I remember in the past, with PS on a Mac, the Scratch Disk needed contiguous space. Grasping at straws, here…
C
Chuck
Jan 11, 2006
Just FYI. I recently purchased an OEM copy of Elements last week and installed with no difficulties and have full capability as far as I can tell.
"Fishface" <?> wrote in message
bobusan1 wrote:

I have but PSE3 and I have some memory related settings in the Preferences dialog under the edit menu. May we assume your operating system is XP? Plenty of room on your Scratch Disk volume? You might try defragmenting the disk, too. I remember in the past, with PS on a Mac, the Scratch Disk needed contiguous space. Grasping at straws, here…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections