Who can help me? Memory could not be written error…

XC
Posted By
Xi_Chen
Dec 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My plugin works perfectly OK on my laptop. However, when I copy the compiled 8li file to my desktop and try to test it in the photoshop, it always gives me such error memory:
* **** instruction reference the memory ******* which could not be writen……

Does anybody know what is the problem? BTW, my laptop is using FAT32 system and desktop is using NTFS. Does it matter?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 21, 2007
xi, that error means that there’s a dll version conflict. check what dll’s you’re using in your plugin and make sure the same versions are on your desktop. you’re using a function or method in some dll call that doesn’t exist in an older version, or has moved internally in the dll – ie the dll has been updated/recompiled with compatability w/past versions broken.

hence the cryptic error. you’re trying to call an instruction at a specific memory location in a dll and that specific instruction does not exist at that memory location. MSDN has lots of info on this.
XC
Xi_Chen
Dec 21, 2007
Hi Dave:
Thank you for your reply. I am not quite sure of what to change. I have copy the project to the desktop and recompiled it. This works better but still not perfectly OK as in the laptop.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 21, 2007
I am not quite sure of what to change.

neither am i. it’s your program. 🙂

start with what dll’s your including in your project, then compare the dates on those dlls between the ones on the laptops and the ones on the desktop. you should always compile with the latest version of the dll in any case. so if one system or other needs to be updated, you should do that first.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections