AJ
Posted By
Aaron_Jennings
Nov 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got CS installed and went to crop some photos to a set size (800*600*72) and when I hit enter after selecting the crop I wanted PSCS froze. I saw that my C: drive went from 7 gigs free to 7MB free and after searching there is a photoshop temp file that is 6+GB. If I clear the custom crop settings it will crop the images fine without creating a huge temp file. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know of a solution? For now I am just going back to PS7 until I can get this fixed.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SB
Scott_Byer
Nov 3, 2003
Do you have a specific size/resolution set on the crop tool? The crop tool has sttings that allow to to resample an image at the same time as doing the crop.

-Scott

wrote in message
I just got CS installed and went to crop some photos to a set size
(800*600*72) and when I hit enter after selecting the crop I wanted PSCS froze. I saw that my C: drive went from 7 gigs free to 7MB free and after searching there is a photoshop temp file that is 6+GB. If I clear the custom crop settings it will crop the images fine without creating a huge temp file. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know of a solution? For now I am just going back to PS7 until I can get this fixed.
AJ
Aaron_Jennings
Nov 3, 2003
I had 800 X 600 @ 72dpi set. The images are the 5mp jpegs from the digital camera. I think I have it all fixed now. Settings were trying to go to 800 X 600 INCHES, even when I typed in px after the dimention.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections