C
Posted By
chris9
Sep 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
whenever I try to open an image file (11mb Tiff for example) in Imageready CS2, it will not open, but instead I get the following error message:

"Could not complete this operation. Reason: there is not enough memory available (error #1852402768)."

I have 2 GB of RAM, with only a couple of applications open. I have tried re-installing ImageReady and rebooting.

my workaround is to open the file in Photoshop CS2, then select "Edit in Imageready" under the File menu in Photoshop. Then and only then is the image open in Imageready and I can proceed to optimize it.

this sure has me baffled. the workaround will add up to a lot of wasted time in the long run, and I am not able to use my Imageready Droplets.

I sure hope someone can help me. thanks in advance.

I am running 10.4.7

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Sep 17, 2006
What is the memory allowance you have defined for Photoshop in Preferences?

If it’s set too high, then Image Ready doesn’t find enough memory to launch.

With 2GB of RAM, make sure you do NOT set that Photoshop memory allowance to anything greater than 70% or less.

Let us know if that helps.
C
chris9
Sep 17, 2006
thank you for trying to help me Ramon.

I checked and my Photoshop was set at 70percent. I lowered it to 60percent, but it didn’t help. I still get the same error message.
B
Buko
Sep 18, 2006
Imageready is for web images the tiff is most likely just too big.
C
chris9
Sep 18, 2006
I used to be able to open up files larger than 11mb in ImageReady. ImageReady if design to take photographs not already optimized for the web, and then make them optimized for the web. what good would it be if it could only work with images already ready for the web?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections