How to precisely cut out object from photo and save with transparent background??

JA
Posted By
Jessie_Andringa
Oct 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking for the least time consuming way to "cut-out" a photographed object from its background in order to eliminate the background and make it transparent. I am in the process of designing a photo frame catalog for work. I have a few rounded frames that I have shot pics of, but now need to remove the background before inserting in the catalog. In the past, I have used the lasso tool and magic wand, etc…. However, for these circular frames, it is VERY DIFFICULT to create a round, precise path… and very time consuming! Would it be better to create a clipping path?? I need a refresher. Also, I generally save as a PNG since these preserve transparency best. If anyone has any suggestions/ideas, I’d really appreciate it!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AD
Andrei_Doubrovski
Oct 19, 2007
Hi Jessie,
Have you tried the Elliptical Marquee < http://simplephotoshop.com/photoshop_tools/elliptical_marque ef.htm>?
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 19, 2007
As you’ve shot the pictures of the frames with a cut-out in mind, you’ll have a clean plain background. Surely the Magic Wand or even the Background Eraser will be more than adequate in these circumstances?

Post an example at pixentral.com.
LL
Larry_Ligon
Oct 19, 2007
Once you have made a selection, you can use this script to create a new document from the selection. You can then save that new document as a PNG.

http://ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=31

Larry Ligon
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Oct 23, 2007
Elliptical marquee…then Select>Transform Selection…You will get the transform handles…Adjust to taste, hit enter to confirm the transformation…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections