P
Posted By
projem
Dec 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to cut or copy a simple irregular image and paste without the background completing the square. I’ve used a clipping path and saved as EPS but still has background when pasted. I’ve followed the "Dummies" Page 259 but cant succeed. Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
larry
Dec 5, 2003
Image>Mode>Index Color
Image>Mode>Color Table
Click on the color to be transparent with the eye dropper Save For Web as a GIF with transparency box checked

You can only have one color transparent so plan accordingly.

Larry Berman
P
projem
Dec 5, 2003
Thanks, but the image background is made up of many colours.
L
larry
Dec 5, 2003
Then you have to do a selection on the subject (or the background) and copy and paste it onto a new canvas with background color not in the subject. Then you can assign the background color as transparent.

Or you can duplicate the background layer (or make a coly of the original) and paint over the background until it’s a solid color.

Larry Berman
L
LenHewitt
Dec 5, 2003
Projem,

still has background when pasted. <<

Pasted into what?

As you have created a clipping path, why not just make a selection area from that, invert and delete?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections