How achieve transparent background Photoshop to Pagemaker?

LA
Posted By
laura_ambler
Jun 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Am trying to make a background transparent in Photoshop CS to place into a Pagemaker 7 document. Windows. Have trying clipping, copying etc. I still keep getting the white box the image is in. Any thoughts? Ideas?

Laura

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Ho
Jun 13, 2005
You will either need to create a clipping path for your image and save in Tif or EPS format, OR make the background color of your image the same as the background color in your layout. When I used PM I often created the whole spread in Photoshop and just laid out the text later in PageMaker.
BL
Bob Levine
Jun 13, 2005
Where are you seeing the white box? How are you saving the Photoshop file? What format?

And lastly, have you looked into upgrading to InDesign? It pretty much makes all this work with clipping paths unnecessary.

Bob
L
LenHewitt
Jun 14, 2005
Laura,

If you have placed a clipped EPS in PM and it is still showing a white b/ground, try rotating the image 0.1 deg in PM. There is a long-standing display bug in PM that does not always display the transparency of clipped EPS files. The slight rotation fixes this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections