Posted By
skim500
Jun 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client. Is there anyone who also uses it who is able to make Thunderbird select it as the email client for sending photos? Right now the only choice I have is Outlook, Outlook Express, and Adobe mail service.

Thank you,

skim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jun 5, 2005
Skim,

I don’t have any personal experience but I think not. Have a look at this thread:

Chris G French, "Possible to use different email client?" #1, 25 May 2005 4:53 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

Bob
S
skim500
Jun 5, 2005
Bob, thanks for your response, I guess that’s it.

Thanks,

skim
ML
Mark_Levesque
Jun 5, 2005
I don’t know about Elements 3, but Elements 2 works just fine with Thunderbird so long as you set Thunderbird to be your default e-mail client.
S
skim500
Jun 5, 2005
Thanks Mark, for some reason it’s a no-go with Elements 3. I’m not sure if there was some deliberate reason to exclude other email clients, or just some oversight by the developers. In any case, thank you for the info.

skim
K
Ken._Cavaliere-Klick
Jun 5, 2005
I haven’t toyed with Windows in a while but here’s a few thoughts:

1-You can probably drag and drop an image onto the Thunderbird icon and it will become an attachment.

2-Depending on how cooperative Windows is these days, try creating a Thunderbird shortcut and placing it in the SendTo folder. You should then be able to use the File, Send To command in the file menu (maybe).

3-If Thunderbird is the default mail client the Send To Mail command might work.

This is an old quirk in the way mailto: commands are handled. Microsoft went one way, Netscape (and may others) went the other way, way back when.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections