is Photoshop Elements 5 a close alternative to Adobe Fireworks?

P
Posted By
Paul
Dec 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to find a lower-priced alternative to Adobe Fireworks. How does the functionality of Photoshop Elements 5 compare to that of Fireworks?

I am more familiar with Fireworks but at first look, Photoshop Elements appears to have as much functionality as Fireworks, I just need to learn to use it.

Many thanks for your input!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MR
Mike Russell
Dec 2, 2006
"Paul" wrote in message
I need to find a lower-priced alternative to Adobe Fireworks. How does the functionality of Photoshop Elements 5 compare to that of Fireworks?
I am more familiar with Fireworks but at first look, Photoshop Elements appears to have as much functionality as Fireworks, I just need to learn to use it.

Not really – Elements is a subset of Photoshop. Fireworks is currently the way to go for web-centric graphics. You can make do with ImageReady, a far second to Fireworks, which ships with Photoshop.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
TN
Tom Nelson
Dec 5, 2006
Elements has only limited vector image. It can open .eps files and has its own canned scrapbook-oriented shapes. It can optimize photos but has nothing for making web sites (except for the Web Photo Gallery feature).
Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography
W
wdieteri
Jan 18, 2007
If you are mainly looking at a cheap graphical painting program I would look at GIMP http://www.gimp.org/

As others have said they are different products, I use both PE 5 at home and Fireworks at work, and when I have photos I use in both places I keep add them into my PE catalog and do some based editing and then use fireworks to get them ready for the web.
Paul wrote:

Many thanks for your input!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections