VC
Posted By
Val_Campbell
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just bought Photoshop Elements 2.0, then found a folder with that name in the Adobe section of program files. inside are mostly .html files, but no program files.

Does this program only work online? I don’t want to open the package to compare, because that nulifes any chance for refund.

Val

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 30, 2003
Val, it works offline; has a link to Adobe website, but it’s definitely an offline app.

Chuck
VC
Val_Campbell
Dec 30, 2003
Thanks, Chuck. I guess I’ll watch for more replies to confirm that there should be a .exe file in there somewhere, or else I’ll have to open the package. I’d just hate to have to buy something I already have.

Val
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 30, 2003
Val, I don’t think you’ll see any files until it’s unpacked and installed; at least that’s what I remember reading.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 30, 2003
Val,

Mysterious you didn’t know you had a PhotoshopElements folder on your computer…maybe you bought it from a friend??

Anyway, the .exe file is in the main PSE folder and there are 16 subfolders under it.
JH
Jim_Hess
Dec 30, 2003
There really isn’t anything you need to wait for. Photoshop Elements is a standard computer program. The HTML files could have been left over from an installation of a trial version or an earlier version if you had either of those installed at some time previously. Elements automatically sets itself up to download updates from the Adobe web site, but you can go into preferences and disable that feature. I don’t know how many more confirmations you are going to require, but Photoshop Elements is NOT an online application. If you are that insecure about using the program, it might be best for you to return it.
VC
Val_Campbell
Dec 30, 2003
Thanks to all for the replies. The only insecurity is in buying a program already on the computer, but the answers have assured me there should be large files to operate offline, and there are only small .html files. The only mystery (not worth persuing) is that the PE 2.0 folder is there and occupied with a set of subfolders and those small files.

Onward to installation!

Val
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 30, 2003
Val, be sure to eliminate all of the traces of Elements off your computer before doing an installation! You never did say how it got on there, but it might have been a demo version, and big problems can come up if that isn’t removed first. Do a Find and make sure everything related to Elements is gone. Then turn off any anti virus software and install from the CD.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections