C
Posted By
cfesko
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When trying to construct a power point and i "insert picture from file", I can never get PE3. to come up even if I browse.. how can i find it to insert picture??thanks Chris

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
May 30, 2005
I may be confused here but I make PPT’s all the time and I always treat it a a different software altogether…. can you not click on INSERT>PICTURE>FROM FILE and just go to the directory the image is stored in????? Iam not understanding what you need PSE-3 for….. or am I missing something…

david
CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
I’m with David here. PowerPoint wants a JPEG, GIF or some other format of graphics file. What exactly do you want to insert into your slide?

You can, BTW, drag&drop or Copy/Paste images out of Organizer into PPT.
C
cfesko
May 30, 2005
Hi David,
well I jut installed PE3 yesterday and it seems as it has taken over any picture file I have.. changing how I open them, all the sub categories in "My Pictures" and so on. SO if I want to find a picture, especially if I had it is My Documents under my pictures, it may not be there , or the sub folder is no longer there. So the only place I can find the picture is to go to PE3 and try to find it. The only way I have been able to get it to the power Point is to do a cut and paste.. thoguth I should be able to find it by finding the file..
Another thing PE3 did is took all the file name sof the pcitures away unless I do a "preference " thing on ech picutre, but if a picture was called "Dad milking cow.jpg, and I move3d it to the PE3, when I do as search for "Dad Milking cow.jpg" it tells me it no longer exists.. Just very frustration.
CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
Installing PSE will not move or rename your files! No way.

If you allowed it to associate with all the different file types when you installed [and you had the option to accept this of change it], you can easily change it back.

But this has got nothing to do with inserting images into PowerPoint slides.

Any pictures that you had before you installed PSE are in the same place [under My Pictures or where ever].
B
Bernie
May 30, 2005
…. do you happen to have 2 HD’s in your system …. I have 2 80 Gig hard drives and PSE-3 is loaded on my "C" Drive nut all pictures are stored in my "D" drive so if I do a "Search" while in Elements my system thinks I want to look in the "C" drive unless I tell it not to…. but on the other things you stated it sounds to me like there was an install issue…. perhaps… Colin is good one to ask these things of as well as several other ppl in here… sorry I cannot help any further but thats what it sounds like to me…..

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections