Posted By
charles_badland
Aug 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Argh. If anyone can help with this…

Even though I have lectured time-and-again my clients against bringing me PowerPoint generated images to convert to a high-res TIFF file for print publication, it still happens.

I have eight pp slides of illustrations created in PowerPoint. Six of them copied and pasted ok into Photoshop (to my surprise), But two of the most complex figures paste in PS looking like noise (hundreds of short, thin lines in a rows). I get the same result using the “Save as Picture” option in PP.

When I paste these two problem images into both Word and Illustrator, the graphics are messed up, (i.e., text in different orientation and gradient fills outside their shapes.)

I know PowerPoint is not a graphic design program, but, can any one tell me if there is any proper and dependable way to get a figure created in PowerPoint into high-res Photoshop file? My option now, as i see it, is to recreate them in Illustrator.

Thanks much.
charles

Power Point 2004, 11.0
Photoshop 8
OS 10.3.4
G5, Dual 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JS
Jeffrey_Smith
Aug 30, 2004
print .ps from PP > distill to create .pdf > open and rasterize .pdf in PS
CB
charles_badland
Aug 30, 2004
Jeffrey-
Thanks. Worked like a dream.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 30, 2004
BTW, for many applications that don’t make it easy to bring content into Photoshop (or other apps, for that matter), you can follow the same procedure, or "Print to file" and then distill and import into Photoshop. I’ve even used the process to convert a bunch of invoices created and merged in Microsoft Works to clean multi-page PDFs which I could then print out elsewhere.

Neil
MS
Martin_Sammtleben
Aug 31, 2004
You can also export all slides as graphic files, tiff, jpeg etc., directly from PP – no need to go the PDF route.

Cheers Martin
CB
charles_badland
Aug 31, 2004
Martin,
That was where I had the problem. According to the pp manual: to export a graphic I select the graphic and control-click "Save as Picture" and select the appropriate file type. This did not work for the more complex pp generated drawings.
The Powerpoint>pdf >Photoshop route worked very for all. cb
MS
Martin_Sammtleben
Aug 31, 2004
Sorry Charles, I missed that detail in your post. So far I have never had problems with it but should that ever be the case I will try the PDF way.

The funny thing is I recall occasionally having trouble doing the copy&paste into PS in the old, OS 9 days. It could usually be fixed by upping PP’s memory allocation.

Cheers Martin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections