SK
Posted By
Stefan_Klein
Jun 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know what "disable OpenGL drawings ON/OFF" means? It`s an optional registry key that can be found on the PS CS3 CD.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BD
Brett Dalton
Jun 19, 2007
PS CS3 has some 3d functionality and (presumably) can acclerate rendering of the interface etc using OpenGL. OpenGL is a programming interface for 3d graphics supported by the majority of modern graphics cards, simmilar to DirectX but designed to be platform independant.

Disabling it will mean that all rendering will be done in software, I’d only do that if you are suffering serious problems with display issues or using the 3d components as the software will not be able to take advantge of your (presumably) expensive graphics card hardware. More work needs to be done by the CPU.

BRETT
SK
Stefan_Klein
Jun 19, 2007
Thank for your reply, Brett. But I can also disable 3D acceleration in the preferences dialog, so what`s the difference? There are registry keys for "disable GPU support" and "disable OpenGL drawing".
But I`m pretty sure that PS uses Direct X9 and not OpenGL. Stefan
BD
Brett Dalton
Jun 20, 2007
By the sounds of it, it prob has specific code for different GPU’s (Nvida/ATI etc)for better acceleration. As for Dx VS OpenGL, I don’t know which it uses but given the cross platform nature of OpenGl it would mean writing 1 lot of code for both Macs and PC.

I might do some playing when I get some time and see what I blow up!

BRETT
SK
Stefan_Klein
Jul 4, 2007
Any thoughts on this, anyone?
SK
Stefan_Klein
Jul 20, 2007
Anyone 😉 ?
B
bryangiardinelli
Jul 23, 2007
where is this registry entry located? I cant find it.
SK
Stefan_Klein
Jul 24, 2007
It`s in the "Goodies" folder on the DVD where all the additonal plugins etc. are.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 25, 2007
isn’t there a read me file in there too? (there was in past versions) what does it say it does?
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 25, 2007
rereading this thread, you’ve pretty much gotten the best answers you an get here. you’d do better to write an email to tech support (not customer support). maybe someone there can get in contact with one of the engineers (who lately seem to busy to stop by here) and get you a more definate answer…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections