EC
Posted By
Eva_C._Olsson
Feb 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do believe it is possible to import Powerpoint artwork/images into photoshop. I do not have Powerpoint myself and need to instruct clients to provide the correct file format. I do not suppose that it is possible to receive a file format that would preserve ”working layers”.
Many thanks
Eva

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 24, 2004
Ask them to Save As Web Page, using PNG as the format. Oh, and here’s a surprise: There’s no way to choose the resolution. More pusishment for using MS products.
You could have them save the slides out as pdfs.

Then you can open the pdf files in Illustrator & anything that was vector will remain vector. You can resize as needed & get it into Photoshop at a uusable resolution.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 24, 2004
Oooh! I like that! Be sure they use Distiller to make the PDFs, and not something like PDF Writer.

And you don’t need to resize before import into Photoshop. Just let PS rasterize to whatever size you need.
Glad you liked that one Scott–

Most of the text will remain editable the PDF/Illustrator way (except for text on a diagnal or if they used PC glyphs)

So you can even make edits & change fonts in Illustrator.

You can change line weights in charts, remove extra garbage etc.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 24, 2004
Most of the text will remain editable the PDF/Illustrator way

Only if the user has the SAME fonts installed. Not sort of the same, but exactly the same.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections