EC
Posted By
Eli_Conner
Jul 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I noticed this about a day after upgrading to CS2. I took a screen shot of a webpage though the finder (Mac os X 10.3.9) and as usual OS X saves it as a PDF. But now i can’t import it into ImageReady CS2 – I used to be able to open these up.

So I looked in the help section for ImageReady and it tells me this

" In Photoshop, you can also import PDF data using the Place command, the Paste command, and the drag-and-drop feature. The page or image is placed on a separate layer as a Smart Object.

Note: You can’t bring PDF data into ImageReady. "

What is this? How is this possibly a good idea? It worked fine in CS1! Why would you cripple the program like that? So now i have to open them in photoshop just to bring them over to imageready?

This is seriously making me think I have to downgrade back to CS1

[Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this – but i couldnt find anything about it via search]

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jul 19, 2006
open with photoshop and click over to IR
EC
Eli_Conner
Jul 19, 2006
Yeah, that seems like the only alternative, but it is dissapointing to lose a feature for what seems to be no reason.
B
Buko
Jul 19, 2006
When I use grab it saves as a tiff.

I’m not sure where the prefs are
CB
charles badland
Jul 19, 2006
Are you using the old Shift+Cmd+3 to get your screen shot? That is a format IR can’t open (file says PNG.., does IR have problems opening PNG files too??) Use Grab. Like Buko says, that will create a TIFF file.
CS
Carl_Stawicki
Jul 19, 2006
10.3 = PDF screenshots.
10.4 = PNG screenshots.

(defaults)

I don’t know if you can change the default file types in 10.3.
EC
Eli_Conner
Jul 19, 2006
Yeah i’m using Shift Cmd 4 actually to just grab a selection. I might well start using Grab, but its much easier to just use the finder shortcut.

But i also need to pull in pdfs generated from our print production dept. I know theres a work around – but i wish adobe would explain why they would take away the ability to import something that we used to be able to.

I just see no good reason for it. Strikes me as poor program design.

But thanks for suggesting Grab – i forgot that was even in my apps folder!
EC
Eli_Conner
Jul 19, 2006
Oh i so wish i could update to 10.4! I dont think our IT dept would allow it though – they want to keep all the machines on the same set up.

They are not big fans of non-conformity.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections