M
Posted By
mick
Feb 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to PSE and have a question about importing photos from the camera onto the computer. I may be interested in using PSE’s Photo Downloader application but I don’t see any way to quickly manage the selection of some as opposed to all the images. When the camera is connected and turned on, the downloader application pops up. It downloads a thumbnail and automatically has each selection box checked; it defaults to downloading all images. If I want to download only a few, there appears to be no provision for that other than to deselect the check boxes one by one. Way to cumbersome if only a few out of a hundred are wanted. I had assumed I could deselect all, then click one image – push the shift key – click another and have all inbetween selected. Doesn’t work. Am I missing something? Or is the PSE 4 downloader just missing some simple functionality?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
mick
Feb 27, 2006
Now, just a few minutes later, I can answer my own question. I now see that if I right click on a thumbnail some options come up, one of which is to "deselect all." You can then select images using the shift and/or control keys and get all the options I need. The right click an image once again and there’ll be a "select checked" option to only import the highlighted images. I guess I was looking for an obvious button or check box to be displayed over on the right with the folder options, not under a right click menu. Case closed.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections